Question
Posted by: Brandon | 2011/02/14

Shin Splints-antipronation

Hi. Recently consulted with a physio. He suggested that I purchase antipronation shoes. Before consultation the research I did mentioned overpronation shoes...are these concepts one of the same?

Hi Brandon

Yes, the same. Overpronation shoes are designed to help prevent excessive pronation. I would steer clear of the super bulky ones - they are often very rigid and heavy and don't allow the foot to do much, and I don't think this is good, even for someone who is pronating a lot.

So I'd get something in the middle of spectrum. On one end, you have cushioned shoes that have no control properties, on the other you have the very heavy, bulky overpronation shoes. Something in the middle, a stability shoe will probably be best.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/02/18

Hi Brandon

Reply to fitnessdoc