Posted by: Brandon | 2009-09-24

!Shin splints!

Good day sir.

I am 27 years of age and fairly healthy. During my younger years I partook in swimming, nippers, waterpolo and biathlon competitions. Ever since leaving school I have tried to run but shin splints alwys gets the better of me. I play squash every now and then but my shins whilst playing do not hurt. Only when I run for about 5 minutes do my shins start paining.

I am wanting to partake in the triathlons (small ones and slowly work my way up.), should I just ' continue to start running and maybe, just maybe my shins will get stronger to a point when they no longer hurt. Depending on your advise, I will see a specialist as I am eager to run again as I was extremely good at long distance running in school.

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Better to consult a specialist first for a complete examination and care or advice. If your body is perhaps telling you this is no longer for you - you should listen and do something less stressful.