Question
Posted by: Brad | 2009-01-18

Shin Splints

good day.through out school i participated in biathlons and various cross country events.

after i left school i started getting shin splints and due to this i cannot run or when i do run my shins hurt.

i have not run for two to three years and am now 26 years of age.

i wish to start running again and am wanting to find out if you have a ' cure'  for shin splints.

who do i see about this, a doctor, physio, chiropractor?

i look forward to your comments.

Dear Brad

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Please refer to the following link for a detailed explanation about shin splints, as well as the treatment: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_splints

Kind regards

1
Posted by: Lily | 2009-01-21

Hey Brad,

I also have bad shin splints and it keeps recurring. I have found that the best solution so far is to see a chiro and have the areas needled (acupuncture). This seems to have helped more than anything else I have tried. I am sure any chinese medicine person will be able to do the acupucnture as well..

good luck!

Reply to Lily