Question
Posted by: Seanas Waters | 2011/02/01

Shifted Goal Posts

I find myself in a situation where our company has a new MD. For the past 2 years I have received a 12.5% increase ( This is great and not the problem) The problem is this year he gave that increase but has sent us a mail stating that our comission structure has changed and that we will be getting less commission, not only this but instead of receiving comm from cent one, we will only get commission if we reach a percentage of target. While I can understand why targets are necessary, I have a contract stating a commission amount. Is my contract not supposed to be changed or is it considered change because of an email I dont agree with? I have approached him about this and his answer was my increase " should"  balance it out, this does in fact not. I bring the most money for the company countrywide and my colleagues receive a similar basic to me.
Where do I stand? Please help.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: Shifted Goad Posts

Increases are not a right. A change in working conditions does not have to be reduced to writing.

3
Posted by: Labour Lawyer | 2011/02/15

re: Shifted Goad Posts

Reply to Labour Lawyer
Posted by: Insurance | 2011/02/05

Hi Seanas, if you have any vehicle insurance etc. you should have a facility to contact an on call lawyer for any advice, maybe you should check that out and speak to someone over the phone who can give you more sound advice on this matter. Otherwise you should consult the CCMA for more information on this.

Reply to Insurance
Posted by: Whena | 2011/02/01

Conditions of service cannot be changed without the consent of the employee

Reply to Whena