Question
Posted by: Kelly | 2010/06/17

She''s Crazy

Hi Doc.
Please assist! This chick keeps calling me, work and cell accusing me of being with her ex hubby etc etc
Some days she would call me constantly until I switch my cell off.
I dont know what to do anymore, can the police help me on this one? I was told that I can get a peace order or something like that to prevent her from bothering me.
Will the poilce take this seriously as I know they have more inp. things to see to but this is really making me angry.
She even told me she was going to kill me.
Also I cant switch my work phone off or change the number.
I have changed my cell nr. but she somehow got the new one.
Also I dated her ex. before she even knew him but we dont long years ago and I''m getting married soon too.
He never ever cheated on her with me!

You'd need a legal opinion or the advice of a good police officer, but they probably could help ; a court could issue an order forbidding her from approaching ro contacting you at all, and she could potentially even go to jail if she ignored such a court order. And if she is threatening to kill you ( try to find a way t have someone witness that or to record the threats ) making such threats is in itself a criminal offense.
Meanwhile, arrange to change your cell number. If you have done so and she has found the new number, you need to investigate, as that should not be possible for her to achieve.
If the man she is bothering about is her EX, what he does, with or without you, is not any of her business.
This sort of person has to be taken seriously as some of them may be unbalanced and dangerous. So don't hesitate to discuss this with a senior police officer, and with a lawyer

2
Posted by: Liza | 2010/06/18

You can get a restraining order against her - especially with the death threats. If she contacts you then, she''ll be arrested. Perhaps leave your phone on voicemail to screen calls (plus if she leaves a message on the voicemail it can be used as evidence in court).

Good Luck
Liza

Reply to Liza