Question
Posted by: Daniel | 2010/06/01

She forgets things that we discussed...

My friend will sometimes not remember things/arrangements that we discuss. She will tell me that we can do something the one day and then when I phone to make final arrangements, she forgot that we already discussed it. She is under enormous stress at work and financially as well. I am already assisting her financially and emotionally. What else can I do to help her or make things easier? Her head is just so busy contemplating her next move...

There are a large number of poential causes of memory problems. But the commonest is probably what you seem to be desribing - someone under stress and busy who is not actually paying sufficient attention to the arrangements to be able to enter them efficiently into memory in the first place ( a problem with not memorizing them, rather than being unable to recall them ).
Maybe something as simple as her keeping a proper diary and making a note of such things, might help a good deal

1