Question
Posted by: g.c | 2012/10/02

she doesnt get it

my girlfriend and I have broken up twice in the year we''ve been together. Both times it was me who ended it because I feel like she doesnt get me. I would rather watch cricket or football or do some gaming than go meet her frinds who seem weird, I also wasnt brought up thinking its important to go to everything someone is part of. She''s a dancer and I just dont like going to stuff like that, its not my thing so I havent gone, she always goes on about how she''s never missed one of my gigs but i dont mind if she''s there or not so I dont get why its such a big deal to her when Im nit there.
She wants to use a photo of the 2 of us as her cover pic on facebook but i told her thats not how I roll. I also dont get her need ti plan everything. Like she''ll tell me on a Tuesday what she already wants to do on a Saturday, who plans that far ahead? I told her early on that sex is not the most important thing for me but she still tries to have sex with me all the time and id just rather not. I love my alone time, she wants to spend time together and chat, but im not the kind of person who talks about things, never have been never will be. What can we do to be on the same wave length?

Maybe you're just at a stage in your life when gaming and watchign sports is more enjoyable for you than getting involved in a close relationship with a gf and her various friends. It happens. You sound like different characters - to her its an important sign of close friendship to go and support her every time she performs, to you, perhaps, its the performing that would be importanrt, and others in the audience much less so.
Your styles are different. She likes to plan ahead, you dont. Maybe you're just neither of you buiolt so as to be on the other one's wavelength. Is there any good reason why you should stay together, rather than part as friends and each seek someone more compatiable, liking the same sort of things, and living in a similar style ?

5
Posted by: Finch | 2012/10/14

Wow I must confess you make some very treanchnt points.

Reply to Finch
Posted by: Just Me | 2012/10/04

Holy Phuk..... " she sounds like a wonderful girl that you do not appreciate"  What a load of crap! It takes two to tango and guess who posted here asking for help....?????????? Just because she''s WAY more needy, he''s not appreciative...huh?? Some of these posts really get my goons going.....

Reply to Just Me
Posted by: ???? | 2012/10/03

Here is good advice, you actually want to be single so why not stay broken up and let someone else enjoy and love her company, she deserves better and you make her sound like the problem, but you are because you are not that into her, leave it that way and let her be , she sounds like a wonderful girl that you do not appreciate.

Reply to ????
Posted by: Agree | 2012/10/03

Agree with CS - you are waaaaay too incompatible. You don''t have to be identical and like everything equally, but geeze there should be one or two things you have in common. I would say part ways and this time be firm about it, don''t go back after breaking up as you have been doing.

Reply to Agree