Question
Posted by: Sunny | 2011/07/28

SHE ASKED FOR ME

My mother was very sick from the beginning of the month, and she passed on on the 17 of this month. She was with my sister in law when it happen. I''m told that she asked for me few hours before her death.

I''ve accepted her death, but I''m so hurt cause I could not find out what she wanted to say to me. This thing is eating me inside and I can''t get over it. I pray everynight that I would see her in my dreams and maybe she can tell me whatever she wanted to say.

Please help.

I understand, and such worries frequently arise. But don't rush to assume that she had something to tell you which will remain unsaid. In my experience of such situations, she probably just wondered where you were, showing that she remembered and was thinking fondly of you at the time ; and if anything is said it's probably just a mesage of love. If she could have known how you might allow this to haunt you, she'd probably have said : "Please don't worry so, and please let yourself get over this. Remember me in happiness, not in sadness or regret."

3
Posted by: Laurei | 2011/07/28

I have had exactly the same experience, my mother died whilst in hospital and I was at work. According to the doctors she was not supposed to die but just " gave up" . I was on my way to visit her when she blew her last breath. My brother who was with her did not tell me that she had asked for me early in the afternoon and so I was bitterly haunted by what she wanted to say to me.
I cried for many months and played soothing music which reminded me of her,The pain goes away eventually, however, I think if you speak to her spirit softly and explain what happened (although she does know), you might find some peace which will become more and more prominent as time goes by.
Good luck and God Bless

Reply to Laurei
Posted by: Jordan | 2011/07/28

Sunny, so sorry to hear of your loss. Please don''t torture yourself over this. She probably knew that she was leaving and just wanted to say bye. It''s bad enough that you are in mourning and now you are wondering what she wanted to say to you. Just know that if there is something of urgency, it will be made known to you through God and his angels. Make peace with her passing and be blessed.

Reply to Jordan