Question
Posted by: Momof3 | 2011/02/16

Shaving rush under armpit

Hi CyberDoc

I have a shaving rash under my right armpit-just the one .It itches light crazy. I always use roll on deo and a new roll on each time and I threw away this razor after I got the rash. What can I use to get rid of it. ? i put deo around the area ,not on it. its not open just very itchy . Thax

Hi Momof3
It may be an irritation but could also be a fungal infection of the skin, especially if it itches a lot - rather let your doctor have a look as you may need an antifungal cream to use on it.
dr Bets

3
Posted by: Momof3 | 2011/02/22

Thanks Cyberdoc &  Anxious. I knew that but was hoping a home reminder would help. but I will have to take it to the GP as its still around.

Reply to Momof3
Posted by: anxious | 2011/02/16

Is it itchy or burning? It sounds like you need to get a prescription cream (maybe cortisone based) which will work very quickly - take it to your gp and show it to him/her then you can get the right treatment.

Reply to anxious
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/02/16

Hi Momof3
dr Bets