Question
Posted by: Desperate | 2012/06/22

Shaving pubic hair

Dear GynaeDoc
What is the best way 2 shave pubic hair. After shaving I always have these big painful pimples that eventually end up having pus. How can I prevent/treat these pimples. Pls help, I''m desperate.

This is a common problem with shaving. Waxing may be better. Also try an exfoliator to remove the dead hairs.

5

Posted by: Chanel | 2012/06/23

Hi Mandisa,

I keep it shaved because of hygene, I feel a lot cleaner without all the hair. And it also makes sex a lot more pleasurable... there is a lot more feeling down there if you dont have all that hair in the way... And like I said there is some wonderfull products on the market for pimples and ingrown hair to treat it, I dont get ingrown hairs or pimples at all anymore.

And my partner likes it like that too and my partner is also shaved.

But each to their own, everybody has their own preferences :o)

Reply to Chanel
Posted by: Mandisa | 2012/06/22

What is the big issue about shaving pubic hair - keep it short, yes, but shave it completely, why??
Shaving causes itching, pussey pimples, ingrown hairs, constant upkeep etc. etc. As if women dont have enough problems. You all still have a vagina - shaving doesnt change that. Do your sex partners shave off their pubes, no? So why should you go through all this nonsense? Please explain.

Reply to Mandisa
Posted by: Mary | 2012/06/22

My advise is to shave in the direction of the hair and not against it. hope it helps.

Reply to Mary
Posted by: Chanel | 2012/06/22

Hi Desperate,

I have the same problem.

Apply -Vaya smooth- to the shaved area right after you have shaved and dried your skin. I buy mine at Clicks. And also dont use disposible razor''s they make it WORSE. Make sure to use a nice expensive razor.

Hope this helps :-)

Reply to Chanel