Posted by: Carina Avenant | 2010-04-20

Sharpei Fever

My Shar Pei was diagnosed with Shar Pei Fever. She has been on 1 cortisone a day and it seems to work well. The vet suggested that she must drink 3x 5mg cortisone every second day for the next month... I''m uncomfortable and think it might be too much (since she is +- fine now).

Dear Carina

Sounds OK to me.

Posted by: Chill | 2010-04-20

So far, your vet appears to have prescribed the correct treatment, so why change a winning formula?

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Cat Lady | 2010-04-20

Google " Sharpei Fever"  and a whole lot of info is available to you and can influence your decision whether or not to continue. From what I have read I would continue with the treatment but why not ask your vet?

Reply to Cat Lady
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010-04-20

Dear Carina

Sounds OK to me.

Reply to Cybervet