Question
Posted by: Nadine | 2011-04-07

Sharp pains in bladder

I woke up early this morning and went to the loo, but when I got back into bed I had terrible sharp pains in my bladder area - even when I lay on my stomach (put pressure on that area) I could feel the sharp pains again. It then just went away. What could it be? Should I be worried. I''ve had these sharp pains my bladder before, but they never last long, and it is not on a regular basis.

Nadine

The sharp pains could be due to bladder spasm. This happens when you wait too long to relief yourself and the bladder gets too full and goes into spasm. I do however, suggest that you consult your doctor to exclude the possibility of a urinary infection.