Posted by: LESHAY | 2011-09-23

Sharp Pains

Last night, I got a very sharp pain on the left side of my chest and in the middle of my chest. I could not sleep and I had to stay up from about 1.15am. The pain was intense. It got worse when I tried to lie down - sort of like a ache. This is the 2nd day this is happening.

It is highly unlikely that your chest pain is due to a cardiac problem. Myocardial infarction is a short stabbing pain, severe in intensity, only lasts for a couple of minutes and alleviates with rest. Consult your doctor to determine if you are suffering from costo-condritis (inflammation between the ribs and chest bone). If necessary, your doctor can ask for a stress ECG to evaluate your heart function.