Posted by: Ribs | 2011-02-05

sharp pain in/between ribs

I have pain (what feels like) between my ribs on my right side. The pain originally felt like I''d ''over-strecthed'' my side and was just a little sore in the general area, but it has gradually gotten worse over the last few days.
I had previously only felt the pain when I lay down on that particular side. However, it seems to come and go regardless of movement now - a very sharp, intense localised pain in one spot seems to come and go every few minutes or so (to the point that I jump suddenly or double over in pain) and particularly a few seconds after breathing out after a deep breath (otherwise regular breathing doesn''t appear to hurt). I''m inclined to think this is just some sort of intercostal tear or the like - does this sound likely?

It is most probably due to costo-condritis or an injury to your rib or a muscle connecting to the rib. I suggest that you use Myprodol for at least five days. If the pain does not subside, you should consult your doctor for a chest x-ray.

Posted by: Zexeon | 2011-02-05

It might be due to what you think about and when you start concentrating on you breathing your pain goes away if this is the case if possible maybe ...

Reply to Zexeon