Question
Posted by: Lunga | 2009-03-06

Sharp pain in my left leg (below knee)

I have a sharp pain in my left leg just below the knee. it is not a constant pain but it is a sharp attacking pain. when it pricks it becomes difficult to move my leg for few minutes. my little toe finger also bleeds a lot so i do not know what the cause of this situation is. please help

Expert ImageArchive

The leg pain may be due to a branch of the sciatic nerve being 'trapped' at the lower part of your spine, however this condition is usually more persistant than intermittant. I would suggest you consult with a chiropractor in your area for a more specific diagnosis.

I'm a bit confused by the 'toe finger' bleeding. If you see a chiropractor they will be able to advise accordingly.

1
Posted by: korie | 2009-03-30

I have experienced a similar pain at exactly the same spot as yours, just under the (in front) at the knee joint. This sharp pain used to attack me especially after driving for a relatively long distance. It used to become so painful that I start limping and walking with wxtreme difficulty. It really pains a lot. Recently I was driving and after some 160 km, we stopped at a service station for refreshment. I was at a point where I couldn' t walk anymore because of the severety of the pain. I took a thumbuck ointment and massaged that knee joint that day. I thoroughly massaged and massaged harder. I think I pressed the correct buttons that day and as I' m writing now, it' s going to 2 months now and the pain is gone, I van' t say for good, but I can also not see it making a comeback. So try massaging the painful area thouroughly, it might help. Good luck!!

Reply to korie