Posted by: Vanessa | 2011-05-16

Sharp pain in left hand side of chest

Dear CyberDoc

I have been experiencing extreme sharp pains in the left had side of my chest on a daily basis for the past month. It started with only once a day but now its becoming more frequent.
It’ s more or less under the breast area. I am a smoker and cant determine if its my breast, heart of lungs. I’ ve read so many people’ s stories and everyone says they go to Doctors and have ECG’ s and nothing was found. The duration of the pains is normally 30 seconds to a minute. I have to stop what I’ m doing and just wait for the pain to go away.

What could this be?

Taking in consideration that you are a smoker and that the pain is short in duration, causing severe distress, I urge you to consult a doctor for a stress ECG, as well as blood tests. This pain could be nothing at all but it will be in your best interested to have it investigated.