Posted by: Fletch | 2009-10-04

Sharp pain behind lower left ribcage

Hi Doc.

I am a quite worried. Lately I' ve been experiencing a sharp pain behind my left ribcage under my breast. At first it came and went and it wasn' t really bad, but for the last 2 days it' s been really uncomfortable. It' s difficult to describe, it feels like a stabbing stretching pain. I don'  think that it' s my stomach because it' s more to the side of my body, I also can' t remember hurting my ribs. It feels esspecially uncomfortable when I bend over or laugh. What could be causing this? Could it be serious? Thanks

Your symptoms can be caused by a multitude of reasons, i.e. muscle pulling, rib pain, costocondritis etc, and I therefore, suggest that you consult your doctor for a full examination. In the interim try Myprodol painkillers.