Posted by: mrs. G | 2012-01-27

sharp pain

Dear doc,

I''ve been experiencing these sharp shooting pain that started in my upper right earlobe and then moved to the back of my ear. The pain comes and go and last for a second or two. The pain is sharp enough for me to jerk my head each time. I have''nt had any sleep in a month beacause of my sick baby so I don''t know if this has anything to do with this.

Mrs G

I seriously doubt that your ear pain is due to sleep deprivation. I am uncertain about the possible cause and I suggest that you consult an ENT specialist for an examination, to exclude any ear pathology.

Is is possible that you are stressed, causing you to bite down very hard on your teeth, without noticing? This can cause stress to your temporal mandubular joints, causing this sensation in your ear. If you do, you can consult your dentist for an x-ray and examination.