Question
Posted by: Pil | 2009/05/05

sharp pain

Hi, i know with this i should be consulting a doctor or something, but i would like to get a bit of an idea before i run some tests so i can prepare myself.
i have this sharp pain just behind my left breast, it sharpens through to my back upperrib on top of my heart or not sure if its in my heart. this pain its like a burning pain, that takes about 10-15 seconds. could it be the after effects of smoking cos i just quit smoke recently as in 3mnths ago.could it be my heart due to lot of stress im always under. im a coffee addict as well. im not sure what to expect,

Share this page
Laaik.it Yahoo Google Digg del.icio.us Facebook
Post your question
The information provided on this forum is general information and recommendations for the symptoms you described. This does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice.

Do you have a question? Post it here.

Please note that all questions and answers will be posted on this forum. You may stay anonymous.

You are welcome to add your comments to any of the topics already discussed - just click on the topic and reply.

Your name *
Email *
Subject *
(Please be descriptive as possible within 8-10 words):
Comment *

Hallo Pil
A sharp stabbing pain going through to the back is usually a sign of inflammation of the pleura - the covering of the lung and is often due to a viral infection. Heart pain is usually central in the chest and a pressing type of pain. Your doctor should examine you to see if you need antibiotics or anti-inflammatories. Good for you to stop smoking! If you drink 4-5 cups of coffee per day it is not that bad for you...