Question
Posted by: Marli | 2010-04-15

Sharp Headache

Hi, I sometimes get these extremely sharp pains in my head. The pain is always situated only on the left, just above my ear and the pain " runs"  between my ear and my temple. The pain usually lasts only a few seconds. I used to get this only maybe once every six months, but I seem to get this more often. Sunday night was the longest I got it. It comes and goes, however it preceded to the next day. Whilst happening, I struggle to remember what I wanted to say, and it feels as if I loose focus in my left eye. Should I be worried and what causes this?

Hallo Marli
this could be a kind of migraine called an "Ice pick headache" It may be better to see a neurologist to exclude underlying problems and to see if you need to use preventative medication, especially if you have signs of vision loss and disorientation.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-04-15

Hallo Marli

Reply to cyberdoc