Posted by: Exchanger | 2011-03-04

Sharing Earrings

Hello Doc

A week ago I tried on earrings. Normally I dont wear earrings which have been worn by other people, but on that day I told myself that nothing will happen and tried on the earrings. Now I am freaking out that there is a possibility of contracting HIV from the earrings. My ear piercing is normal and healthy and had never had problems with it. I quickly checked the earrrings before I wore them and they were clean. Now I am feeling drained and very distracted even from my work which scares me even a lot worse because I need to be on top of my game with the kind of work I am doing. I dont know whats wrong with me, because I cannot snap out of this worry. Please help.

There is no way that you could have contracted HIV from sharing earrrings, unless there was a lot of fresh blood dripping from the earrings and your piercings were open and also bleeding.