Question
Posted by: Jackie | 2011-11-07

SHAR PEI Oe

Goeiedag
Wil net graag weet wat u dink oor die lig van Shar Peis se oe. Het 2 Shar pei babatjies wat nou 4 weke is en volgens die veearts moet hulle oe gensy en gelig word sodat hulle nie in die toekoms probleme sal he met hulle oe nie.Indien so iets wel nodig is, op watter ouderdom behoort so iets gedoen te word?BAIE DANKIE

Hi Jackie

I think the condition that you are referring to is called entropion. Entropion is very common in Shar Pei and occurs when the eyelashes are constantly brushing on the outer surface of the eye.

There is a temporary procedure called eyelid tacking that can be done for pups from 3-4 weeks of age. The procedure is effective at this age and can be complemented by further eyelid surgery in the future.

If your vet has advised that you have the procedure, and there are clinical signs of entropion, then I would strongly agree with his/her opinion.

Entropian is a painful condition that can lead to further ocular problems and if you have the means to assist in resolving this problem then please consider the surgery.

Kind Regards
Angus Campbell

1
Posted by: CyberVet | 2011-11-10

Hi Jackie

Kind Regards
Angus Campbell

Reply to CyberVet