Shaping up

I am a little dispondent. I weigh 60kgs and am 1.61m in height. I have as of 2 months ago started to exercise at least 3 x per week, COMPLETELY changed my eating habits (only have red meat 1-2 x per week (fat trimeed) as opposed to 5-6 x per week before (with lots of fat on) –  I now eat only skinless chicken and fish) and have reduced alcohol consumption. HOWEVER, and this is where I am a little confused –  I have only lost 2kgs in 2 months –  I honestly thought the weight would just fall off as I have dropped the carbs from night time eating as well, but do eat them throughout the day. I am on 1400 calories per day –  with fat at 30g per day. I want to tone, shape up, trim the excess fat all over my body and have a lean shape. I am constantly told I am not overweight, but I do want to change my bodily appearance to the above. The only thing I think I may be doing incorrectly is my weekend eating –  I tend to relax a little too much and do indulge in the odd choc cake or sweets, but am very strict during the week.

Do you think my weekend binges are cancelling out my weekly strictness?
Will a little more exercise help? I am slightly erratic in my training days.
Is my calories consumption too low and do you think it is slowing my metabolism?
I have started taking a thermogenic fat burner –  you think this will work and is it harming me in anyway?
What am I doing wrong as I feel I have reached a plateau?
How do I break through this and what can I tweak to see great results?

I don’ t mind doing it slowly as I know I’ ll keep it off longer this way, but I seem to think the progress has stopped and it makes me despondent as it IS hard work and I really thought with hard work I would see results. Please help me.

Dear Anonymous
Your present BMI = 23,2 which is very close to the ideal. For an ideal BMI of 22 you would need to weigh 57 kg, thus 3 kg less. The fact that you are eating a much healthier diet will give you all round benefits and you will lose those 3 kg, but the closer you are to your ideal weight, the slower the loss will be because the human body resists change and you are already well within the normal range. I think you energy intake is adequate. Be more consistent with your training. You really don't need a thermogenic fat burner, just some patience! Always keep in mind that it takes hard work every day for a long time to sculpt your body and to get those great results.
Rome was not built in one day either, so stick to your programme and give your body a chance to adapt.