Question
Posted by: ZAP | 2010-11-02

Shaky vision

i did not see an eye expert on the forum so thought I would post my concern here.

I am 31 yrs of age, of reasonably good health but have been experiencing a weird sensation, which I cannot understand. What happens is that when I hear sounds louder than a certain volume my vision seems to " shake"  with the sound. It''s a bit difficult to explain so I will give you a simple example... I was making a call to my wife &  whilst I had my phone to my ear, each time her phone rang (by this I mean the sound my phone make to indicate that hers is ringing), my vision would " shake"  and stop as her phone rang.

Is this a cause for concern. For the record, I do wear specs (recently issued) and do not experience any headches or discomfort other that this Shaky vision.

Please advise &  THANKS.

Hallo Zap
I am not sure what causes your symptoms but it could be that your pressure inside your eyes are higher than it should be, thus reacting to the sound waves. I think you should see an optometrist and ask him to check your eye pressure as well as have a look at your retina - if any abnormalities noted, it will be better to see an eye specialist for further tests. Have you had any migraine with this - sometimes migraines can be triggered by loud noises and this can cause blurry vision too.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-11-02

Hallo Zap