Question
Posted by: Annemarie | 2012/07/09

Shakes

Hallo doc Ingrid

Hope it is going well with our dietician.....???

Going okei with my weightloss yourney. Slowly but surely i am getting there. Need to lose 7kg. I am determined to get there, soon.

I am using the Annique rooibos shake in the mornings. Not mainly for weight loss but because of hectic mornings. Firstly i want to know if this shake is a good option and that i am not sabbotaging my weight loss efforts:
Calories - 17
Fat - 2.7g
Carbs - 6 g
Protein - 3.8g
Calorie breakdown
38% fat
38% carbs
24% protein
However, i am not so sure if i understand this percentages very well. Do you have more info?
This shake really taste VERY good. I never taste a shake that compare with this one. I have it with fat free milk.

This shake is also very expensive and difficult to afford every month.

Do you/or anybody on this forum know of a shake that compare well with the taste of Annique''s shake? And maybe a little bit cheaper?

O yes, Eva stuur groete!!!

Dear Annemarie
Good to hear from you and Eva! and that you are steadily losing weight. For me to be able to evaluate the Annique shake for you, I need to know what weight of powder is listed to contain those nutrients. Is it per 5 g scoop or per tablespoon (15g) or what? I can't imagine that the shake only contains 17 kcal per 100g??? If you look at the macronutrients, then carbs and protein = 6 + 3.8 = 9.8 gram x 4 = 39,2 kcal and 2.7 g fat x 9 = 24.3 kcal, so a total of 63.5 kcal probably per 12.5 g. Is this a portion which you add to the fat-free milk? So please post a new question and let me know the portion of the shake powder that contains these nutrients if you would like me to evaluate it for you. However, if this shake tastes good when mixed with fat-free milk, then it is probably worth the higher price because many Readers complain that the shakes they use for various purposes (weightloss, muscle building, post-op nutrition, etc), do not taste good. So a tasty shake is valuable.

2
Posted by: LIZE | 2012/08/14

HI ANNEMARIE!

PROBEER GERUS MY SECRET SE SHAKES. HULLE IS BESKIKBAAR IN 3 GEURE. JY KAN OP HULLE WEBSITE GAAN KYK OF BY LOW CARB SA. EK WEET SEKERE SPAR''S HOU DIT OOK AAN. DIT IS HEERLIK EN GLAD NIE DUUR NIE. HOOP DIT HELP!

Reply to LIZE

Dear Annemarie