Question
Posted by: Inga | 2010/09/30

Shake for meal replacement

Please can you advise on the following:

I make a shake every morning with:
cup of vanilla flavoured yogurt
teaspoon of cinnamon
half cup low fat milk
cup of special K cereal
half cup of oat meal

I drink this shake from morning to about lunch time, then for dinner i eat a normal meal.

I have a bout 700mls of this shake daily.
What is the calorie intake of all this, and am I wasting my time drinking this every day in the hopes to get healthier and lose some weight???

Hope you can help

Regards,

Inga

Dear Inga
As mentioned before, I cannot work out energy intakes for all my different Readers because this would just take too much time. You can access the Calorie Counter on this Website by clicking on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Tools'. If your 700 ml shake contains more than 2/3 of your daily energy requirement (namely 1000 kcal) then you will probably not lose weight on this regimen. To lose weight adult women need to reduce their energy intake to 1500 kcal per day, so your shake that makes up for 2 meals should not contain more than 1000 kcal per day. Also make sure that your dinner is not high in fat and that the total energy content of the dinner does not exceed 500 kcal.

1

Dear Inga