Question

Sexuality

I took a friend to a party where he took one look at a certain woman and told me she was a lesbian. He was spot on. Yet, he was married to a supposed lesbian for ten years and did not have the slightest idea. Is his (now ex) wife really gay? Is it a phase? How did she get gay? Can one really pretend for ten years? The mind boggles. And just to add insult to injury the lady in question never wanted to have a baby with the MAN she was married to yet she is now pregnant. Did somebody " help her out"  as invitro is hellishingly expensive? And they think it is normal raising a child in a same sex environment. The world is a screwed up place.

Being gay is generally not "a phase", though, as all humans are somewhere on a spectrum of sexual identity, somewhere between the extremes of totally heterosexual and totally homosexual, its not unusual for people, at varying ages, to experiment a bit.
In the party case, how do you know your informant was "spot on" ? Did the woman concerned confirm his opinion ? Why do you doubt that his wife could have been lesbian ( or, more probably, bisexual ) ? People don't "get gay". They may choose, for many different reasons, to express different aspects of their sexuality differently, at different stages of their life. Maybe after living with him for some years, she found the heterosexual component of her bisexuality less and less appealing ? He sounds rather bitter about it all, maybe understandably.
And by the way, a reasonable amount of proper research has found that just as being brought up in a heterosexual family ( after all, all homosexuals were ) doesn't guarantee that everyone will grow to be heterosexual, so being brought up with a pair of homosexual parents, seems to have no particular influence on the sexuality and gender identity of the children they may bring up.
Reminds me of the famous graffiti, where someone had written on a restroom wall : "MY mother made me a homosexual". Underneath, someone else had written : "How nice ! If I bought her the wool, would she knit me one, too ? "

4

Because a woman cant teach a boy to be a man. We raise only half men. And a man cant teach a girl to be a woman.
Because it is not normal. It is freakish, and we as society are just so accepting of everything abnormal. When are we going to go back to biblical principles and live how our Creator intended? No wonder we have the social issues we do. Because everything goes. No wonder the world is in such a mess.

Posted by: Cutie | 2011/03/08

Just on one point of your post.
I had 2 kids in a " normal"  mom and dad set-up. My husband was NEVER there for the kids.
So, they actually grew up with a single parent. And they arefine.
Ehy do you think it is not good for a kid to grow up with 2 mothers or 2 fathers?

Reply to Cutie

Lol. That is quite funny. I know he was " spot on"  because the woman " came out"  about two weeks ago.