Question
Posted by: anon | 2010-10-05

sexual urges

Could I be bi-sexual or could it just be a hormonal imbalance that I''m experiencing. I am 46 and of late been experiencing sexual urges and my mind actually travel towards considering female sexual interaction. I have not acted on any of these ''urges''. I am not in a sexual relationship right now. Should I have this medically ''investigated'', speak to a therapist or just surcome to the deed of having a sexual encounter with a female (which I would not have a damn clue how to pursue) ...

THere are a number of reasons for these urges, but there are no medical reasons that I am aware of that can direct one's attraction to another sex. I wonder if these attractions have always been there and have been suppressed/ignored. I am not aware if you are in a relationship or not, your experiences in the last few years could impact on your perceptions of women as being more attractive to you. It is difficult to know, but if it is something you are unsure about, I think that talking this through with a counsellor / therapist would be a good option. A sensitive therapist could guide you safely to explore your feelings and possibly even guide you as to how to go about this if you choose to do this. If on the other hand, it would not cause problems for you or anyone else (i.e. a partner), then it may not be a problem for you to explore these feelings with women without consulting anyone else - you are afterall a mature woman who has no doubt met and overcome many new beginnings along the way already!

Claire - SASHA

7
Posted by: GG | 2010-10-06

Explore

Reply to GG
Posted by: XXX | 2010-10-06

The mere fact that you are not in any relationship could mean that you are longing for some form of sexual contact-these things happen naturally,so keep a look out for a partner ie male or female.

Reply to XXX
Posted by: Whena | 2010-10-05

BO get a life !!! Are you so dof that you do not realise that many different people will use the name ANON?

Reply to Whena
Posted by: anon | 2010-10-05

BO ... not everyone is BOLD enough to put their names, I am well aware that my name is common and used by thousands of people over the world but this for me is really, really sensitive .... maybe I should have called my " HO"  then we could have made a damn good pair LOL***
Gina, thanks for taking the time to post your response ... I hear you and you''re right ...

Reply to anon
Posted by: Bo | 2010-10-05

OMG, how many posts can one person possibly have??
All we see in this forum is ANON ANON ANON. fine u guys may think im selfish and that im making up stuff...have a look at the past..lets say..20 posts and you tell me!

Reply to Bo
Posted by: gina | 2010-10-05

I don''t think you should be too concerned about this, and you are most probably just curious?
There is nothing wrong with exploring the other-side. You aren''t involved, so give it a try if you get the chance and perhaps it is for you, and perhaps not.

Reply to gina
Posted by: Sexologist | 2010-10-05

Claire - SASHA

Reply to Sexologist