Question
Posted by: Forgive | 2010/02/15

Sexual Transmitted Deseases

Dear Dr please help.

I believe I contracted STD in 1997 when I had sex for the first time and went to see different Gyna' s during that time who gave me some medications/pills to heal me from STD. The symptoms have been there since then until today 2010, I am not completely heal though the symptoms and pain are better that it was in 1997/8. I am frustrated as I do not know what is it now and what to do. I have done the HIV test several times which came out negetive, I have also done STD tests and all the test came out negetive my doctor said since those results came out negetive that means I do not have any STD and cannot infect anyone. My concern is all the tests came out negetive but I still have symptoms and pain. The symptoms include, pain during sex when I am penetrated  very heavy but clear with no smell discharge at times which I used not to have when I was a virgin, itching &  burning in my vagina, it' s like I have a thrush most of the time.

I have never had unprotected sex after that first experience that left me with the desease. What could be the problem and how to threat it as I tested negetive in HIV, phyphillis, gonorea and other STD and with the pepsmear evrything came out negetive? Can I infect my partener with this thing if we have an unprotected sex and what to tell my gyna now for her to be able to help me? Please respond thank you

It does not sound like an STd. Rather, you may have thrush. The clear discharge sounds normal and will vary with the time in your cycle. The pain with sex could be due to thrush or insufficient lubrication. Try using KY jelly. You could ask your gynaecologist to take a swab to be sure that there is nothing else going on.

1