Question
Posted by: ME | 2011/10/03

sexual stage

Hi,my brother is 14 years old he told me there is a girl at school he likes(he get nerveuos and shaky when she is around) I understand he is now reaching a stage where he is interested to the opposite sex my problem is I dont know how to talk to him he trusted me enough to share the info with me but am confused and scared that he now wants to have sex,please advice on how to go about this!

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi there,

you are right that he is of an age where he is becoming interested in girls but this does not necessarily mean he wants to have sex. Many young people recognise that although they have sexual feelings that they do not feel ready to actually engage in it straight away.

It is worth talking to him about taking his time with relationships and talk to him about the different aspects of liking a person and how having sexual feelings is only one part of this. You may also want to talk to your parents in confidence about how to approach the situation.

1
Posted by: Teen expert | 2011/10/11

Hi there,

Reply to Teen expert