Question
Posted by: Sarah | 2010/12/06

Sexual organs

Hi Cyberdoc

I am not sure who to address this too, so you first.
My char lady''s daughter had a daughter (now 2). Mom had severe postnatal depression.When I saw her she said it is alright now, he was a boy but now is a girl.I never delved.I saw the little girl (adorable) and was shocked to see what I can only describe as a penis growing out of her belly button.I did not want to address the issue, she is expecting her 2nd baby shortly.What is the treatment, does it likely mean she has a vagina as well.Do they operate, I just wish to try and be a bit informed before I speak to them to try and help.I know the little girl has been to the clinic and to Groote Schuur.

Hallo Sarah
She is probably being treated by pediatricians at Grootte Schuur and what looks like a penis could be a very prominent umbilical hernia which they will only operate if it does not disappear by about 6 years. Try to find out if she has been seen by a specialist?
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/12/06

Hallo Sarah
dr Bets