Question

sexual intimacy initiation

I just want to know your opinion on sexual intimacy.

Is it only the work of men or men''s job or place to initiate it?
I differ with my partner on this.

I feel that it is both partners " obligation"  to initiate it from their side while my partners feels that I as the male should always inititate it? start it?

Any advice

Thank You

It takes two to tango – so both parties have a role to play. It might however differ from person to person to what works for them. It is however important to meet one another half-way and to both take full responsibility in the intimacy in the relationship. A open discussion of one another’s understanding and viewpoint might be valuable. The fact that you might have different points of view is not the challenge – the challenge is to find ways to have both party’s needs and expectations met.
For further information please consult SASHA’s website at www.sexualhealth.qw.co.za/dru. For referral to a professional in your vicinity, please send an email to helpline.sasha@gmail.com.

3
Posted by: mark | 2011-09-13

i think its a big turn on if women does this sometimes,as i know men have to start the ball rolling.thats not fair...

Reply to mark
Posted by: XXX | 2011-09-13

There is no obligation by anyone to initiate but it is more common for men to do so.Does it really matter who initiates if you are getting what you want out of the relationship !
In the ideal world it would be nice if both initiate but I don''t believe it to be that serious as long as you get the response you want when you do so.

Reply to XXX
Posted by: Sexologist | 2011-09-13

Reply to Sexologist