Question
Posted by: accused | 2008/08/13

Sexual harrassment

I have been called in by my manager on monday to be informed that I have been accused of sexual harrassment and have been suspended until further notice.
I have not been given the details or the name of the accusor.
I know I am not guilty but this is affecting me emotionally. Can they do this , should I do something to protect myself ?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

The employer is entitled to suspend someone who has been accused of sexual harrasment. You do have a right to know the facts as soon as the company has collected all the facts. Once you have all the facts in place it would be usefull for you to take legal advice.