Question
Posted by: Edgar Victor | 2010/04/14

sexual dysfunction

At age 70 and having diabetes 2 for three years it appears that my satisfactory sexual harmony with the wife is slowly eroding. Average GI = 7. Is there any means of restoring the erection.

Dear Edgar
Sexual dysfunction can be a side-effect of diabetes and/or the medication that is used to treat diabetes. Because I am the Diet Expert, I would like to suggest that you discuss this problem with the doctor who is treating your diabetes and prescribing your medication. From a dietary point of view, eating a well balanced diabetic diet that has been worked out for you individually by a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area)and doing gentle exercise like going for walks every day, should ensure that you have well controlled blood glucose and insulin levels which should help.

1

Dear Edgar