Question
Posted by: Jake | 2012/09/28

sexual disorder

Good day,

Let me start off by saying I believe I suffer from a certain sexual disorder. The problem is that the only way I am able to identify it as a disorder, is because this specific type of attraction or urge happens to be illegal and frowned upon by society. To me it feels quite natural, and therein lays the problem.

I have already let this go on too far and realize that I need professional help. What type of psychologist or psychiatrist deal with sexual disorders? How does one go about finding the right professional? What would treatment typically consist of? And, is there medicine available to suppress inappropriate sexual fantasies or behaviour? The problem may be in the mind, but if medicine can put a temporary stop to it, it would help a lot up until one can get the mind sorted out.

Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Of course you have everyone wondering what precisely you're talking about. And given the degree of privacy here, you could have mentioned it. Many types of ordinary sexual behaviours are frowned on by SOME people. But some forms - bestiality, paedophilia, and incest, are not accepted in any society, and would need more serious attention you help you avoid acting on such fantasies - and notice that these generally involve your having sexual interest in someone or some animal, unable to understand or consent to whatever it is you are wanting.
ALL types of competent psychiatrist or psychologist should be able to help you assess the situation and discuss treatment options. CBT style psychotherapy can help you to revise thoughts, impulses and behaviours that are unhelpful and undesired, and replace them with more usual and convenient ones.
Generally, drugs are not useful in such matters, and dont much affect sexual interests - some may reduce sexual desire over-all, or reduce one's ability to get aroused or reach orgasm, if that is considered useful by your shrink.

2
Posted by: yolandi | 2012/09/30

pls see a shrink u gonna do serious damage to our children and molost them

Reply to yolandi