Question
Posted by: Happy-Girl | 2010/05/10

Sexual Aversion Disorder - symptoms?

Hello Doctor,
I am 26, DH is 32 and we''''re in our 6th year of marriage. We have a 4-yr old son together.
After my son''''s birth I had the Mirena IUD put in. I still do not regret my decision. For the past 2-yrs my body seems to be functioning inconsistently when my husband initiates sex (last 3 months it''''s happened more frequently). We''''ve never had intimacy or sexual problems prior to this.
As soon as he starts touching and kissing me, my body clenches as if trying to avoid the touch/feeling, my muscles tense up and I get anxious. I think to myself, "  I wish this could just be over, can he hurry up and get this over with."  I would never with hold sex from him but I get distressed/agitated/irritated and almost angry if he takes his time or wants to pleasure me opposed to his own pleasure..
I never behaved this way before and I only recently told him how I felt. I think because I only then ''''realised'''' what I was doing/thinking and feeling. I do feel guilty!
DH swears it''''s the Mirena that''''s causing a hormonal imbalance. Would removing it solve my problem? If it''''s not the cause, then what is? I''''ve done some research and the closes I''''ve come to "  naming"  or understanding this is: Sexual Aversion Disorder...?

Sexual Aversion disorder can only be made by a registered professional / therapist. Please consult the SASHA Helpline for a referral to a therapist in your area

4
Posted by: rick | 2010/05/13

my ex seemed to suffer the same problem, but I called it cheating with her boss...

Im sorry you are suffering, best to get help.

Reply to rick
Posted by: sexologist | 2010/05/11

Reply to sexologist
Posted by: simone | 2010/05/10

Dear Happy girl.Just go to archive and see there a post by someone named Jazz.You can find everything about sexual aversion there.It''s like the 543 question if I am not mistaken.
Good Luck!

Reply to simone
Posted by: simone | 2010/05/10

Good Luck!

Reply to simone