Question
Posted by: OoGriet | 2011/11/14

Sexual abuse and my marriage

I was molested as a little girl, but had now problems with it since now, or actually, since the birth of my daughter. I''ve gone off sex since her birth, and put the blame on all the hormones, as i was breast feeding until a month ago. But, after a heart-to-heart with my husband, i realised that i''ve gone off sex with him because i''m so scared that what happened to me will happen to my little girl. Sex feel dirty, and it shouldn''t be like that in a marriage. My husband is the sweetest guy, and it hurts him so much that i have no interest in sex at all.
Please can someone help me??

Post-Natal Depression, PND is a real possibility here, as Liza suggests, and also longer-term results of your own experiences of molestation. CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour therapy would probably be a very useful variety of talking therapy in your situation ( and far, far better than any psychoanalytical approach which can worsen such situations ). See a good local psychologist ( not analyst ) for an assessment and a discussion of treatment options. If there is depression at play, either as a primary cause or worsening the longer-term psychological issues, a psychiatrist could be asked to advise also and suggest an AD medication to add to the therapeutic benefits

3
Posted by: H | 2011/11/24

" i''''m so scared that what happened to me will happen to my little girl."  ?

Then you should have gone off sex before she was created. What difference does it make now?

Reply to H

Posted by: Liza | 2011/11/15

You''ll need to work through your insecurites with a psychologist. Ever heard of post-natal depression? It''s entirely possible that your hormones are to blame for the loss of interest AND the paranoia of your daughter being abused. If the therapy alone doesn''t work well enough, it might be a good idea to consult a psychiatrist and use an anti-depressant for a couple of months.

Good Luck
Liza

Reply to Liza