Question
Posted by: M | 2011/03/02

Sexting

Hi all

I suspect my bf is sexting (having raunchy text chats and mms).
What do I do, how do I catch him ? Or do I just confront him ?

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi M and thanks for posting.

I don't think you need to "catch" him, but maybe you do need to have a conversation: we talk about being monogamous and faithful to our partners regarding sex, but what do we actually define as "sex" and when is a behaviour "naughty"? For example, is flirting with someone included under the heading of "naughty"? Is kissing someone considered sex? Likewise, you need to chat about sexting - not just via telephone, but also in chatrooms on sites such as Gaydar. Once you have reached an agreement on what is acceptable, you can confront him if he breaches the agreement.

3
Posted by: gay, lesbian and bisexual expert | 2011/03/07

Hi M and thanks for posting.

Reply to gay, lesbian and bisexual expert
Posted by: M | 2011/03/03

Thanks for your positive response Sam, it is much appreciated. Im quite crazy about the guy and wouldnt want to fight or break up because of this.

Reply to M
Posted by: Sam | 2011/03/02

If you''re not sure, why don''t you bring up the topic and ask for his feelings about it. Start with something like " so, what would you do if you got a sexy sms..."  Then you can give your opinion. Communication is healthy in relationships!!!
Maybe you can be sexting each other rather!  -)

Reply to Sam