Posted by: D | 2009-05-12

Sexless life

Is it possible to lead a life without having sex? I am a 29 year old male and only lost my virginity at the age of 26 due to peer pressure from other people. Well, I basically had sex with this one lady I had just met, and neither of us enjoyed it. It was something I did not want to do. I am still single and have fear of this happening again. Can one abstain form sex or will it eventually get to you?

Dear D,

Their is evidence that a certain percentage of people are asexual, meaning they rarely ever experience a conscious desire for sexual outlet.

I agree that you should not be having sex to please others. Sex needs to be consensual in that both parties choose to and desire to engage in a sexual encounter.

Yes a person is able to abstain from sex without it necessarily causing and "detrimental" effects. It may be helpful for you to consult a sex therapist to determine whether you are naturally asexual or whether there are any other factors inhibiting your sexuality.

Posted by: D | 2009-05-14

No I am not asexual, I would like to have someone special in my life and have a healthy sex life, but I know that is not going to happen. Can one live without sex or not?

Reply to D

No rush. Take your time and choose correctly for you.

No rush whatsoever :)

Give yourself time, and don' t put too much pressure on yourself regarding the issue. When you find that specail someone with whom you want to be intimate with, the incredible act of ex and intimacy will follow naturally.

Don' t worry!