Question
Posted by: Louise | 2010-11-07

Sex whlie Pregnant

Hi doc.

I am 20 weeks pregnant and I am carrying very low. The baby is pushing on my bladder.

When I have sex I get a terrible burn in my bladder and I get a mini-bladder infection. Sex is very uncomfortable even though I empty my bladder before sex. We do not have vigorous sex or sex for a long time so I am not sure how else I can avoid this happening. Please can you give me some advice? I do not want our relationship to suffer during this time.

please post your request on the gynae forum - they will be in the best position to give you advice.

my advice is limited to giving each other oral sex and masturbating each other. that way, you avoid uncomfortable sex but ensure that your sex life as well as that of your partner's does not suffer.

2
Posted by: H | 2010-11-08

Hi Louise,
I also had the same problem, try doing it doggy style. That way the baby moves away from the bladder. also try moving baby by " picking him/her up"  while on top.

Reply to H
Posted by: sexologist | 2010-11-08

Reply to sexologist