Posted by: carefull | 2009-02-19

sex while menstruating

my wife wants us 2have sex regularly so that we dnt lose interest in each other &  also to keep d flame burning. The problem i hav is that she wants us to have sex while shes menstruating aswell, of course not at the start of the cycle but at the 3rd or 4th day. We not ready for kids yet so i' d like to know firstly if its safe 2do so with &  without a condom &  2nd, if i do ejaculate inside her on the 5th or 6th day of the cycle without using a condom,will she fall pregnant? When does the new ovary get produced?

Dear Carefull
It depends on how long her cycle is, a woman typically ovulates 14 days before her next menstruation starts. So if she has a short cycle of 28 days, this will be on day 14 after she started menstruation. Sperm can live for 3 days, so you have to be careful from day 10 to day 18.

Posted by: sideways | 2009-02-19

Dude, in general most woman ovulate on the 14th day. This is however, in a perfect scenario for a 28 day cycle. Sperm can live inside a woman for up to 5 days and her ovaries will be around for two days. So all in all a woman is fertile for about 7 days of her cycle, starting from day 14 in the perfect scenario for a 28 day cycle. However, as we all know, these perfect cycles rarely happen and so I would suggets you ask her to take contraception of you want to go sans condom. She can use a variety of contraceptives. I think the patch is the best, it is a patch taken once a week for 3 weeks every month. It' s easier to remember to take something only once a week than every day and it has less sever side effects than the injection. Discuss her going on contraception with your gp.

Reply to sideways