Question
Posted by: AB | 2009/10/15

Sex Selection

Hi Fertility Doc,

I' m 33 years old and have 2 boys. We would love to try for a girl. I read about sperm washing, but I could only trace one doctor that use the method in Cape Town. How successful is it really or are there any other methods or recipes out there for a little girl.
Many thanks!

Dear AB

Sperm washing for sex selection is highly arbitrary and does nit confirm any definite advantage. The only certain method is embryo selection through a process called PGD (preimplantation genetic diagnosis). However this process is fairly expensive and requires in-vitro fertilization.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2009/10/21

Dear AB

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert