Question
Posted by: horsiechic | 2011/10/19

sex issue

Hello doc
I hope you can help me, i have a very small problem which is turning into a very big one.

about 8 years ago i was gang raped and thought i''d dealt with all the issues back then, i overcame my fear of sex and met an amazing man and we have since got married.

I have also got endometriois and the doctor has been changing my pill to try and find one that keeps me most comfortable, I''ve been on Triphasil, Nordette, Triodene, Yasmin, Trigestral and now back to Trphasil in the last 2 years.
During this time i''ve been experiencing pain when my husband and I have sex but its not unbearable.
A couple of months ago, we were having sex and a thrust a little hard which i wasn''t expecting I got a fright and burst into tears (cos it was sore as well)
Now I am absolutely terrified and steering away from sex all together. Also my entire body is sensitive to the touch - is this just hormones?
What do you recommend I do to get over the scared of sex thing?

The sexologist may be able to give you more specific advice, but there are ways of overcoming this fear, starting with foreplay and no prenetration, then penetration with one finger and progressing from there. Lots of foreplay, a lubricant and understanding from your partner will help.

1