Question
Posted by: Lily | 2010/08/10

Sex in third trimester

Dear Doc

I am now 28 weeks pregnant. Is it still safe to have sex with my husband as we both are concerned about our baby.

Another thing is that I have a white discharge, sometimes it is more than other days. What is the cause of this.

Yes it is safe as long as there are no problems in the pregnancy. A clear discharge is normal in pregnancy. An itchy thick white discharge could be thrush.

2

Posted by: Purple | 2010/08/11

Yes, you can carry on having sex, there is no risk for your baby.

The white discharge is normal during pregnancy.

I suggest you buy the book " what to expect when you are expecting"  as it answers a lot of questions just like these. It is in a question and answer format dividided up per mnth of pregnancy wit the most common concerns for around that time.
There is a nice chapter for dads and a good chapter on what your body goes through in the 6 weeks after birth - which you really need to read before having baby as when your ankles swell up like elephant legs you do get a fright if you don''t know its coming.

Reply to Purple