Question
Posted by: Granny | 2009/12/06

Sex for 60' s

I' m 63 + my bf is 67. We have been dating 6 mths now but not yet had sex. When he visits me we cuddle + kiss + I can feel his erection under his clothes. Although we do a lot of smooching + some petting he has never asked for sex but I know he gets turned on. I would love to have sex with him. Should I ask him? Would it be un-lady like to ask? How common is sexual activity between people of our age? I also get turned on + end up masturbating when he goes home.

Expert ImageAgeing and Sexuality expert

How frustrating! Both of you politely sitting like teenagers making out on the couch, believing you are respecting each other. To answer your question older people are highly sexual if they are healthy, have access to a partner and have willingness. Buy my book "Ageing and Sexuality"(Oshun 2009) and become wonderfully informed.

Your conundrum with your boyfriend .. of course take action, of course let him know that you want to move on to the next "base" :) You must find your style, way of communicating. Like invite him into your bedroom. tell him you would like of you to go for HIV tests as you long to be penetrative with him. In other words, go into seduction mode Im sure you can take yourself there:) Please remember to use condoms.

3
Posted by: GRANNY 2 | 2010/01/14

Hi Grany, i am in a similar situation as u. Should i ask him?????
How did it turn out 4 u. we have lots of fun cuddling and kissing and he gets a hard on as well but no further. What o do???

Reply to GRANNY 2
Posted by: Ageing and Sexuality expert | 2009/12/14

Reply to Ageing and Sexuality expert
Posted by: Joe | 2009/12/07

Sex has no age limit, if you can do the deed then go ahead. It is so wonderful that people in there late years can and still wait sex.
Enjoy it!!

Reply to Joe