Question
Posted by: BB | 2012/01/28

Sex feels different

Me and my husband had wonderful times but since he gained so much weight I find sex difficult as well it feels unromantic. No afterward kisses or appreciation..... I also had a little boy 3 months ago so feel very insecure and shy about my body now. Now I want sex to mean even more than before I became a mother. What can I do?

It would be a good idea to discuss these feelings with your partner. It is common after having a child to experience changes in your sexual response. It is so important to be able to communicate this with your partner and it is important to continue to be intimate and to make time for one another. Accept and enjoy your 'new body' but it is also important for both of you to look after your health. Exercise and healthy eating habits are good for you and perhaps you could discuss this with your partner too.

3
Posted by: A | 2012/01/30

Sex changed for me as well after my baby girl was born - more than a year ago.
1 - a bigger need to hear I am still pretty
2 - it felt different just after....

I have tried to explain to my hubby and he only partly understood. For me the most important part is that it should not happen when baby is awake! The sex makes me feel guilty and not sexy.

Try buying yourself sexy underwear and walk around in just that after baby is been put in bed for the night. Remember 3 months ago you were pregnant and your hormones played a big part - show him you are ready to continue your sex life. He will came round to holding and all eventually - you must try to woe him....

Reply to A
Posted by: MO | 2012/01/29

give him a -|- when he least expects it eg in bed while watch a movie.
Good luck.MUHAMMAD.

Reply to MO
Posted by: sexologist | 2012/01/29

Reply to sexologist