Question
Posted by: Vanessa | 2009-07-08

sex drive fizzled

I don' t know what to do. My sex drive has just fizzled, I don' t feel sexy anymore. My boyfriend is very attentive and affectionate, and we are deeply in love. I have a chronic illness which I find embarassing, and it made me lose a lot of weight. My boyfriend wanted to to put on weight again, and I have, he loves it but I' m not happy about it. Maybe I' m just being silly, because I' m still slim. I have a very stressful job, and I am exhausted most evenings. Nothing really has changed in my life though, except for my sex drive disappearing. My boyfriend always initiates sex now, but I find it hard to climax when I used to have multiple orgasms. I find my boyfriend incredibly sexy and love being close to him. I just don' t know what to do. Could it just be a phase?

Exhaustion, illness, stress and embarrassment are all well known enemies of libido/sex drive. It can just be a phase depending whether you deal with it and make life style changes. It is definitely advisable to seek professional guidance in dealing with this. Couple counseling session where you explore ways of dealing with it all and of the life style changes that are necessary, could be beneficial.

You are welcome to contact our helpline – 0860 100 262 where we could put you in touch with a professional as close as possible to you. For interesting reading you could visit our website www.sexualhealth.co.za