Question
Posted by: BT | 2011-03-16

Sex dream

Hi doc,

Something very weird has happened. I was sleeping with my partner and as usual we had intercourse after sometime of not doing it, so he ejaculated early. During the same night, apparently I had a sexual dream about another person. I don''t remember the dream at all or any details of the dream but my partner heard everything and he says that i was not moaning his name. Is this normal doc? why am i having such dreams? Now he is hurt and I don''t know how to resolve this whole thing. Am afraid that his ego might be bruised and i don''t know how fix that.
Please help!

Thank you in advance!

Everybody's got to dream about something. And one's brain picks up random bits, like a hard drive foind a defrag. From your description, you are not "having such dreams" - you had one such dream. It happens, is of no significance ( maybe the content was influenced by the extent of not having had sex for some time, and then the premature ejaculation that may not have left you fully satisfied. Unfortunate that you moaned the wrong name, but its neither a sign that you have had an affair with the other person, nor that you would want to. Discuss this gently and calmly with you bf, express embarrassment and that you know it has no significance and don't want him to feel bothered by it.

5
Posted by: Erm | 2011-03-16

Well you know thats the major issue with life, most of our functioning and deep essence is all subconcious, some believe we are more subconcious than concious. Your dream was subconcious. Happens all the time in different ways with lots of people so dont worry about it and hey if your partner cant handle it then he must learn to handle things.

Reply to Erm
Posted by: Gary | 2011-03-16

He may be feeling insecure of prematurely ejaculating....usually if you dream and talk it is difficult to even make sense of what the dreamer is saying never mind calling out names. I also don''t believe that you dreamt this unless you remembered calling out someone else''s name...
in any event it is interesting especially if you research Freud''s theory

Reply to Gary
Posted by: QQ | 2011-03-16

I think he is taking a chance here.... i don''t think this happened. I thik he is suspecting you of sleeping with someone else and now makes up stories so you should " amit" .... not true. IOne cannot distinguis what a person says in their sleep.

Reply to QQ
Posted by: Anon For this | 2011-03-16

You are having such dreams because you are not sexually satisifed.

Reply to Anon For this