Posted by: Caroline | 2009-09-28

Sex = disgust

My husband and I have been married just over 7 months now, and he' s losing more and more interest in having sex. When I try to get things started, he usually rolls his eyes asif in disgust, or pushes me away (when I' m waking him up), he doesn' t even flinch when I prance around naked infront of him. He' s told me that he' s willing to go to therapy, but what I don' t understand is that he' s only 26, he shouldn' t be having these types of problems already, should he? I enjoy sex alot, I sometimes think I enjoy it more than others, but my husband sometimes makes me feel sleazy because of this. Except for our honeymoon, we have sex around once a week, am I expecting too much? Sould we/he get therapy?

i dont think your expectations are too much. i strongly advice that your'l consider seeing a sexologist or family gp so that your husband can be assessed/investigated to ensure there is no medical/psychological cause for his decreased desire in sex. the fact that he is willing to go to therapy should be a strong motivational factor for you but i would advice that your'l start first with a medical doctor.

Posted by: Caroline | 2009-10-02

Hi, thanx for everyones comments and advice, I must say that since I posted this, my husband and I had a really long talk, and things are going much better in the bedroom, (and lounge, and just about everywhere in the house.) I just need to clarify that my husband works restaurant hours, and he does try to spend as much time with me as possible, so I doubt if he' s getting any somewhere else. We are going to see a therapist, if only just to confirm if there are any problems, and what we can do if so.

Reply to Caroline
Posted by: Ja | 2009-09-29

I' ll bet his testosterone levels are low to non-existant.

Reply to Ja
Posted by: Funny people | 2009-09-29

I can empathise with you my girl. I just don' t understand why guys (and girls) just switch off after what appears to be a great start. I also hear what Rick says, people who are not happy with themselves for whatever reason are really doomed for ever unless they can get their heads in order. NEVER blame yourself . Isn' t it just a bitch that your hubby and Ricks ex didn' t meet up and you and Rick . You two would have made teriffic music trogether !!

Reply to Funny people

I think there is definitely something wrong. I' ve known my husband for 21 years and he would have sex with me every day if he could. My guess would be that he is either not attracted to you or getting it somewhere else.

Posted by: nanana | 2009-09-28

I' m having the same problem as you,and what is worse is that my BF is spending most of his time with his friends doing the sleepovers at his place am just worried if he is doing both if you know what i mean.When I ask he says he is not strong enough as if he was sick or something.

Reply to nanana
Posted by: Mr G | 2009-09-28

7 months and already he' s like that?

I' m sorry to say this, but either he makes an effort at fixing it or as Rick said it won' t work.

PS: I wish more women were like you. I' m in the same boat, but not married... yet. And I' ve had a long discussion with my fiace. Either she gets with the program and makes work of it or she finds herself someone else...

I don' t mean to be rude, but I know I' ll look for it somewhere else if she doesn' t give it to me... and in that case I' d rather not get married at all.

Reply to Mr G
Posted by: Rick | 2009-09-28

I had the same dilema with my ex, we are both attractive, she was actually quite beautiful and sexy...when we dated, we had a great physical relationship, but when we got married it just went south at a rate of knots...we tried therapy, toys, sexy undies, everything you could think of, we tried for 8 years, she hated sex and intimacy cause she hated herself, we suffered as a couple and it affected everything in our marriage, we got divorced last year...sad to say.

If your husband is starting this now only after 7 months, you are in for a tough time if you dont get it sorted out somehow. It WILL affect everypart of your marriage in some way. Been there, and its not pretty.

Good luck.

Reply to Rick
Posted by: Kent | 2009-09-28

Hey Caroline, its sad that you have to " beg"  your husband for sex. You guys have been married for only just 7 months - the sex should be great. I agree he is only 26 and should not be having this " problem" . Since you enjoy sex more than others that does not make you sleazy - you are one of those that may just have a " high sex drive" . How old are you?

Reply to Kent
Posted by: topdog. | 2009-09-28

do u think he is bi????? just a thought.

Reply to topdog.