Question
Posted by: lucia | 2009/10/26

sex desire

Have been married for 7 years, My husband has no desire to have sex. I always have to make the first move if I want anything to happen. I on the other side I love to have sex. What should I do about my husbands problem. Sometimes I feel he is not attracted to me.

Please help

Lack of sexual desire could have several reasons. You should explore with your husband whether the lack of sexual desire is due to a relationship concern, whether indeed he has lost his attraction for you or whether there is a physical – hormonal, erectile difficulties, etc concerns that are present. Age and long term relationships often suffer from a diminishing of sexual desire that tends to make space for comfort and hormonal changes. Seeking help form a professional - medical doctor could assist you to explore medical reasons for the lack of sexual desire; or psychologist that specifically deals with sexual concerns might be valuable to explore.

You are welcome to phone our helpline – 0860100262 where you could be assisted in finding a practitioner as close as possible to you.
Furthermore you are welcome to visit the following website for any more sexual health information and assignments that could be helpful: www.sexualhealth.co.za

1
Posted by: sexologist | 2009/10/28

Reply to sexologist